Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Fantastic Fourth Grade - Is, Indeed, FANTASTIC!!

As you know, we had a very big field trip today to Camp Oty Okwa in Hocking Hills. We hiked, we participated in team-building activities, and we enjoyed a beautiful day outside. I am so very proud of the Fourth Grade! Several of the camp staff told me how impressed they were with our students' polite and respectful behavior. The hiking guide told me that they were "awesome" as they were so interested in all of the things we saw on the hike, followed directions so well, and were able to identify plants, insects, and different types of sedimentary rocks. The leaders of the team-building activities told me that they had never seem a group take to solving problems together so naturally and easily - that they displayed such respect towards each other in problem solving and listening to each other. This makes me so happy in my heart - be very proud as parents - you are raising such wonderful, amazing children. I feel so very blessed to be their teacher!

No comments: